Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Newbie

For this first post, I would like to tell a little about what I do and why I've created this blog. A few weeks ago I successfully completed my first year of teaching elementary Spanish. It was a crazy year. I rotate between three buildings and teach pre-K through fifth grade. I'm also in charge of writing my own curriculum. Needless to say, as a first year teacher I was overwhelmed. Now that I have some time to breath over the summer, I have decided to create this blog to share lesson ideas, resources and hopefully connect with some fellow elementary Spanish teachers.

I'll be attending some professional development days this summer for technology as well as foreign language. I'm looking forward to sharing what I learn and hearing some experiences that you've had. I'll also be planning next year's units: school, colors, animals, weather/seasons, and clothing. I'll post ideas as I find them.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa I'm proud of you for sharing! As a 1st year teacher you had a lot of responsibilities and requirements. I was thrilled with how you handled them. You have a great demeanor and your investment in kids is easy to see. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete